Friday, September 28, 2012

Ryan's 16th Birthday!

Yesterday was Ryan's 16th Birthday.  He asked me the night before to not wake him up and sing "Happy Birthday" to him, but my reply was that it is a mother's right to sing "Happy Birthday" to her child and I got the big eye roll.  Well, in the morning, I did not sing to him, but asked him for a Birthday hug instead.  At first, he didn't even want me to do that, but then I reminded him I could always just start busting out the tunes and boy his arms were around me in no time. I had to finish it off with a kiss on the cheek.

That afternoon, I left work at 2:00 PM and picked up Brandon. We went to Wal-Mart to buy Ryan a 39 inch television.  My parents, Luther's parents, Lindsay, Brandon, Clay and Colleen all pitched in for the t.v. and Luther and I paid the balance.  We put it in my back seat with a blanket over it and Ryan had no clue.

At 7:00 PM, we had everyone over to our house for ice cream cake.  Ryan picked out Cookies and Cream.  It was from Cold Stone Creamery and it was yummy! We ALL sang "Happy Birthday" to him before we cut the cake. I won! I got my Birthday hug and got to sing. We had him open all his cards and then made him close his eyes while Luther and Brandon went out to the car and carried his t.v. inside.  He was very surprised and loved it!  Honey and Papa told him they were giving him Papa's old white truck.  At first he didn't believe them, but then he was shocked and happy.

I think his 16th Birthday turned out really great! I just wish he wasn't growing up so fast!


No comments:

Post a Comment