Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Cruizin'

Carnival Triumph

Last week, February 13-18, I went on a Carnival Cruse to Progreso and Cozumel Mexico out of Galveston. I went with my Mom, my Aunt Barbara, my cousin Chris, my cousin-in-law Crystal and our family friend Ann.


They came down to my house on Sunday the 12th from Dallas and spent the night at our house, then we drove to Galveston on Monday morning.  Crystal flew in to Dallas on Saturday the 11th from Arizona.  


It was raining cats and dogs on Monday all the way to Galveston and the first day of sailing, but when we woke up on Tuesday morning it was gorgeous and it was warm. The further we sailed the warmer the air got. It was so beautiful too.      
Leaving Galveston
The next day, just beautiful!
Because of the bad weather at first, the ship rocked a LOT.  In fact, when you walked down the hallways you were staggering like a drunk person.  The cruise director told us that those who were staggering down the halls were sober and the ones walking a straight line were drunk, LOL. I had some issues with nausea because of the rocking.  I had the patch on, but still felt it, so my cousin gave me Dramamine and that relieved it for me. If I wouldn't of had the patch on, I think I would have been sick the entire trip!  Glad that did not happen!


The Couples Game Show in the Rome Lounge
Tuesday was Valentines day and we spent the entire day at sea.  We went to welcome show, with singers and dancers and we went to a married couple game that was hilarious. 


 We had breakfast in the Paris Dining Hall and a lunch buffet on the Lido Deck (deck 9).  Our dinner was an assigned time at 6 PM in the London Dining Room, table 319.  We had the same waiters all week long and it was fun to get to know them.  We especially enjoyed Benjamin from Honduras. He has been doing this for 17 years and was such a joy.  On the menus they had an item each night called dija, meaning "did you ever want to try it before..." The first night was escargot and yes I had some and liked it.  They also had an amazing desert called Chocolate melting Cake. Let me tell you, this was a chocolate lover's dream come true.  On Valentine's Day they had a special chocolate fudge cake shaped like a heart and my cousin, Mike had a white cake with pink icing delivered to Crystal and she was sweet enough to share with all of us. I also had Lobster for dinner and it was delish!


Our waiters for the week, Benjamin is in the middle.
Chocolate Melting Cake, sooooo good!
The special Valentine's Day cake.
Yummy Lobster Dinner!


The next day we stopped in Progreso and I think I will break down each day, otherwise this will be an extremely long blog. Stay tuned for more cruizin'....

No comments:

Post a Comment