Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Last Day at Sea and Going Home!

After Cozumel, we set sail for Galveston.  We sailed the rest of Thursday, all day Friday and docked back in Galveston on Saturday morning. There were plenty of things to do on the ship.  We went to another Newly wed game, which was hilarious, we went to an amazing magic show and we went to a show called The Big Easy which was fabulous.


The jewelry store on the ship sells gold and silver by the inch.  Mom bought her and I matching bracelets.


Isn't it beautiful?

Mom also bought herself a necklace the same pattern as our bracelets and she got herself an anklet of a different pattern.  I really love my bracelet, it's beautiful and it will be something that will always remind me of this wonderful trip.

My cousin Chris was such a sweetheart, she bought me a spoon for my spoon collection. She wanted me to remember the awesome stuff so that I would forget the queasy battle I had on board.

I will also remember the evening Mom and I went exploring on the ship from deck to deck.  We found the spa, the track and some viewing decks tucked back in hidden hallways.  I really wanted to go to the front of the ship and hang out in the wind like Leonardo in Titanic, but we figured that was probably a no no on the boat.....Oh well.....


The other things I will remember is the great food, especially the dinners in the London Room.  The shows were great and exciting. The towel animals on our bed every night....soooo cute!




Towel Pig


Towel Seal




Most of all, I will treasure the time spent with my family and the new memories.  Here is a fun picture, my family having a drink together. I abstained because I was already queasy from the sea and did not want any help from any alcohol.


Mom, Aunt Barbara, Chris and Crystal


When we got to Galveston of course it was pouring down rain, but my super fantastic Aunt Barbara managed to get all 6 of us in her SUV and ALL of our luggage. She rocked it! We docked early in the morning, but we did not get on the road till around 10:30-11 because of debarking processes and going through customs.  Then it was back to Colleges Station to drop me off. Aunt Barbara drove and I got to be her navigator both there and back.  It was truly a fun experience with some awesome women! Thank you Mom and Ann, my roomies and Aunt Barbara, Chris and Crystal! Cheers to all of you!


I must say, Ryan was happy to see me. He ran out of the house and gave me a big hug and told me he missed me, then he whispered in my ear, "I think Dad really missed you too." Very heart warming because I missed them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment