Thursday, November 29, 2012

First Wrestling Meet of 2012

Last night we went to Huntsville High School for Ryan's first duals.  He lost his first match to Huntsville, but won his second to Willis, by a pin.  He was also voted one of the team captains yesterday and I know he was super excited about that because he told us at the beginning of the year that he really wanted to win a captain position.  This season is going to be very exciting. You can see the growth and improvements since last year and it's like watching a totally different kid.  

Luther and I are super proud of him and he is also getting all A's and B's in his classes! Here are some pictures and I must say, I got so excited when he was about to win that I had to put the camera down and cheer. Then, I completely forgot to take a picture of the ref holding Ryan's arm up.  I do think I will have many more opportunities to get that shot this year! Go Cougars and Go Ryan! (Oh and for all you wondering...I did not jump up and down and dance in the stands, but Ryan did say he could hear me yelling for him, LOL!)











Here is the article from the paper:


Posted: Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:06 am

HUNTSVILLE — The College Station wrestling team fell to Huntsville (46-36) and Willis (42-36) in a tri-meet Wednesday.

For College Station’s varsity boys, Cameron Ward (106 pounds), Reed Gorzycki (170), Ryan O’Banion (132) and Noah Burns (152) earned wins by pin. Brianna White earned two pin victories in the 138-pound weight class for the girls.
Benny Conrey (170) earned a pin for College Station’s JV boys, while Devin Ragsdale (152) won a 10-4 decision and Austin Mincher (182) won 14-12.
The Cougars will compete at Bryan on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment