Monday, March 5, 2012

Family Visit

This past weekend, my Mom and Dad brought my Uncle Glenn and Aunt Linda down from Plano for a visit.  My Uncle and Aunt are from Pennsylvania and were on the way home from California after visiting my Aunt Carol.  They were thinking about stopping in New Orleans, so our house was on the way. 


It was an awesome visit and I had not seen them in several years.  This was Ryan's first time to meet them.  Friday evening we went to Koppe Bridge because they have the BEST burgers in town.  You may disagree, but they are my absolute favorite!  Plus, I love to take visitors to local places.  We spent the rest of the evening visiting and catching up. Linda has some amazing stories!  It was awesome and a great time.


Saturday, we spent the day around the house visiting some more.  My Mom, Luther and I went to Sam's Club in the morning and got food to grill that evening.  We invited Luther's parents to come over and we had burgers ala Luther.  We had asked Friday evening if they would mind have burgers again and everyone said it was fine, so Luther grilled for us.  It was another great evening.  I especially enjoyed hearing my Dad and Uncle Glenn talk about when they were kids.


Sunday, they were hitting the road. My parents going back to Plano and Uncle Glenn and Aunt Linda towards New Orleans. First we took all kinds of pictures of each other in front of the fireplace.  We then tried to find a local italian restaurant to go to, but they are not open on Sundays. Then we thought about the Longhorn Tavern and we forgot to check to see if it was open.  Oops!  We drove over there to find an empty parking lot, then made our way to Texas Roadhouse.  


It was sad to give all the goodbyes, but I will treasure the time we had to visit this weekend. I loved getting to see Uncle Glenn and Aunt Linda and hope it won't be such a long time before I get to see them again.




No comments:

Post a Comment