Sunday, March 11, 2012

Smoke's first win of 2012!

If you know me, then you know I am the BIGGEST Tony Stewart fan ever!  Well, today he got his first win of the 2012 NASCAR season in Vegas and it was also his first win at this track. 


Tony won the Sprint Cup Championship last year for the third time.  And no, I am not a bandwagon fan. I have been Tony's fan since he was a rookie.  Luther was flipping through channels one Sunday and they were interviewing him after a race.  He did not win that day, but finished in the top 5.  The reporter asked him how difficult was it for him to sit in a confined car at top speeds when he was claustrophobic.  I was like WOW!  That is awesome how someone could have that fear, but overcome it and also be pretty darn good.  The next few Sunday's we looked for him and I was hooked. Tony's ultimate fan for life.


He has had some ups and down, but I have stuck with him through thick and thin and I am sure it will be a sad day when he retires.  Tony loves the sport so much, that even when he is no longer a driver he will still be around, he is a team owner after all, and I will always love my Smoke.  By the way, Smoke is his nickname because he smoke's everyone!


Congrats Tony on your victory today and I am sure there will be many many more to come!


Smoke making some smoke!

No comments:

Post a Comment