Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bittersweet Reunion

Tonight was a bittersweet reunion with some of our very longtime friends.  I am talking about friends who grew up with Luther since junior high, friends who were in our wedding and us in theirs, friends we used to gather with every time we got a chance.


Today we were all together for a viewing because one of the Dads of our group passed away.  We walked in the door of the funeral home and bam, they were all there.  I was so happy to see them all and all of us being together again under one roof except for the circumstances which brought us together.


It made me think, I mean really, really think.  I love each and every one of them and it seems we are all in our own worlds now, have our own families and just are passing through time without making time for each other.  One family lives out of town, but it's only Houston, not that far. The sad thing is the rest of them are still here in town.  I think it is time to change all this and make a better effort to be present in their lives.


I want each of them to know they have a place in my heart and I miss us.  I have very joyous memories of all of them and I want to make new ones to treasure.  I know we are all busy, but being present in each other's lives should be a priority and I am now committing to making that happen.  People are important and these are people I have loved and cherished and I want them to know I still do. 


Life is to precious to miss out on being with the people you love!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for giving me some food for thought. I feel like this happens with tons of my friends...I love them but we all just do our thing and rarely stop to spend time for one another because it isn't a priority. Sometimes I wonder if my friends do realize that I love them and should they need something I would be there, but I guess I need to make a point to be there in the day to day as well.

    ReplyDelete