Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Charlsie's Day!

On Saturday, July 14th I went to a wedding shower and bachelorette party for my cousin, Charlsie. Charlsie is my cousin by marriage, she is Luther's cousin, but I have known her for 18 years.


The wedding shower was from 2-4 at the Green Room in College Station.  Her wedding will be in Galveston on the beech on July 28th, so the wedding shower was a beach theme.  there were even real fish on the tables and I took 2 home with me.  One for Ryan and one for me.  I named my fish-Kitty Treat. (These fish were "cat television" for Bristol).


Luther, Ryan and I went shopping for a wedding gift and we found 3 frames with beach themes. One had mother of pearl on it and the other two had sea shells.  They were perfect!  The wedding shower was fun, it was all women and we played games and had prizes.  I learned a new thing at this shower, the person that won the game was given a gift that they turned around and gave to the bride. It was really cool.  Then, the winner got a small gift of liquid hand soap made up of yummy flavors.




Charlsie's Beach Cake!




This is a Shark made from watermellon by Mary Anne, so cute!

The gift table with Barbie!

Kelley taking a picture of Charlsie by her gifts.

Lucy and Mary Anne putting Charlsie's shower veil on.

Lucy, Charlsie and Mary Anne

Lindsay and I dressing Hilda in a T.P. wedding dress!



At 8 that evening was the bachelorette party. First, we met at the hotel room to go out to dinner. Lindsay and I went shopping Friday night and got Charlsie some night attire and gave them to her before we left to go eat.  She really liked both of them. We went to dinner at BJ's and then we went to Northgate.  I have not been to Northgate since it was my bachelorette party 17 years ago.  Everyone behaved themselves and we had a fun time.  The younger girls wanted to stay out till 2 in the morning, so it was definitely way past my bedtime!


No comments:

Post a Comment