Sunday, July 8, 2012

Silva vs. Sonnen Fight

Last night we watched the Silva vs. Sonnen MMA fight.  That is what Luther wanted for his birthday.  It wasn't really a birthday celebration, we did that on his actual birthday last weekend.  This was a watch party, which is what he asked for a few months ago.


We invited several friends and family, but I guess it was a bad weekend for our friends. Some were out of town and others were not sure if they could make it or not.  A good friend of ours was planning on coming, but he got sick the morning of the fight and was not able to come.  Luther's parents could not come either because Mary Anne's back was hurting her.


We still had a great time! Lindsay, Brandon, Clay, Colleen and the kids came. We had some snacks, a veggie tray and pizza.  Lindsay made some awesome brownies and brought them.  She made them in her iron skillet.


I am really getting hooked on these MMA fights, they are exciting.  We tried to help Ryan come up with a fighter name for himself. I suggested "The Ryan Stone Cowboy," but he shot that down fast. Haha! I wonder why???

I found out this morning when I got up that Tony Stewart won in Daytona last night. That was a bummer not to see the race and my guy win, but I still had a good time watching the UFC fights!


My nephew, Garrett, trying to read a book and watch the fight.

Garrett gave up on the book and found a relaxing position.

Too much for my niece, Payton, it was past her bedtime.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I am so sorry that we weren't able to attend. Clint really had a rough weekend that resulted in him being hospitalized for 6 days. ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Kim, I'm so sorry he had to go in the hospital. That stinks!

    ReplyDelete