Monday, March 11, 2013

Giddings Track Meet

Friday, Ryan had a track meet in Giddings.  Luther and I both had to work, so we were not able to go.  Honey and Papa went to see him for part of the meet.  He did good again on the 100 hurdle, but fell again on the 
300. This time he had some battle wounds to bring home.  He had track rash on his shoulder, hip and knee.  He told me he heard the whole crowd gasp when he fell.  This week is Spring Break, so his next meet will be in 2 weeks in Caldwell and Luther and I will be able to go to that one.  I sure hope he doesn't fall when I am there, not sure my heart can take it.

Saturday was just kind of a lazy day for us, well, Luther had to work.  I made chicken BBQ for dinner and we just kind of hung out Saturday night at the house.

Sunday, we went out running around town and tried a new resturant named Wolfies. At 5 we went to see Oz.  Lindsay and Brandon met us up at the theater.  It was a really good movie.  I loved the flying monkey!  Now, I want to read the books this movie and the Wizard of Oz are based on.  I heard they were good.  I guess I will add those to my reading list.

I will be working Monday and Tuesday of this week and then off for 5 days. Woohoo! I love this town during Spring Break, everyone is gone and it takes no time to get in and out of places! I am hoping we can go to the Franklin Safari. I have been asking for weeks, but we have not made it out there yet.  Maybe the weather will be nice and we can go. Other than that, no special plans so far...Oh, read, I can read!

No comments:

Post a Comment