Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Parental Units Visiting and First CSHS Track Meet

I am so far behind on my posts! The weekend of Feb 23rd, my parents came down to visit.  I took off Friday afternoon, the 22nd because my Mom and Dad were coming in that day for the weekend.  They arrived before Ryan was out of school and we got to spend some time visiting.  They brought me a cute little bird nest for my room.  When Ryan and Luther got home we went to Buffalo Wild Wings to eat dinner.

Saturday morning we got up at 5AM to get Ryan to school for his first track meet.  We went and picked up Luther's Dad. We had to take 2 cars because we did not have one where we would all fit.  The guys rode together and Mom and I rode together.  The meet was in Bastop and we had a little trouble finding the meet.  Finally, Ryan had texted me asking when we were getting there and I told him we were lost.  He had his coach call Luther, so we could find the stadium.  Since this was our first track meet, we did not realize Ryan would not even be competing till about 3PM. It was cold out and we were all bundled up, however; we totally forgot about the sun burning our faces.  Needless to say we were all pretty red in our faces. We went home and introduced my parents to Duck Dynasty. OH YEAH!  I think they liked it.




I love this picture because both feet are off the ground!




We all went to bed pretty early because we were beat. Sunday morning, my parents headed back home.  Ryan and I were invited by some friends to go to the WWE Smack Down at Reed Areana.  We went there at 4 and got home around 8ish.  Ryan had to finish a science project that would have been simple, but we couldn't get the laptop to print, so we had to go run around and get his stuff printed out.  I think we ended up in bed around 11PM, way past my bedtime.







It was a pretty nice weekend and busy!  Ryan did not place at the meet, but he didn't get to do his hurdle events either.  The coach did not have any of the boys do hurdles at the first meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment