Monday, June 25, 2012

Forever Friends!

I spent this morning at a funeral.  In the past few weeks, I have had 2 of my very oldest friends loose a parent.  Angie lost her Mom and I was unable to go support her and her family because it was in Oklahoma.  I will be seeing her later this week and we will get to spend some catch up time together.  Angie has been my friend since the 10th grade.  Her Mom was like another mom to me and my heart is broken that Angie does not have her anymore.


The funeral I attended today was for my friend Paula's Dad.  Paula and I have been friends since the 5th grade.  I have been following along on Facebook about her Dad and then saw he passed right before my vacation. Paula posted his funeral arrangements and I decided I wanted to be there for her and her family since I had the opportunity to be here in Plano. Again, I had a broken heart for her not having her Dad anymore, but was greatly comforted from the service knowing how much he loved the Lord.


I loved seeing her and her family today, but really wish it could have been under better circumstances.  I am so glad I have these relationships that have survived so many years.  I may not be able to see my childhood friends that often, but we still are in contact and the care and love for each other is still so very strong.


I love you Angie and Paula and we will be forever friends and sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment