Monday, April 2, 2012

Family Easter Celebration

This past Saturday we had an Easter get together at Honey and Papa's house. All the kids and grand kids were there. Lucy, Bryant and Hilda drove in from New Caney. Lucy and Bryant are Luther's aunt and uncle and Hilda is his great aunt. Kelley, Mitchell and Adam were in town from Colorado.  Kelley is Luther's cousin and her boys are Mitchell and Adam.  It was a nice time.


We had amazing brisket that Clay (Luther's brother) cooked and all kinds of other goodies.  I stayed strong and did not cheat on my diet. I had the brisket and a salad for lunch and did not snack on the candy or cake.  Luther and I brought a veggie tray with no fat dressing to give us something to snack on to relieve some of the temptations.  To my surprise, it was a big hit.  When I packed up the leftovers, they fit in a sandwich baggie.


The kids had an Easter egg hunt in the front yard which was fun to watch, plus the weather was nice so we just relaxed on the front porch.  Ryan did not participate this year; my baby is growing up.  These eggs have money in them, so if it were me, I would have participated until I graduated from high school....just sayin'.


We brought Moose along with us and he even had Raven (Lindsay's dog) to pal around with.  I think he was enjoying being outside in the nice weather as much as we did. Raven did a little egg hunting herself and then rolled around in the drive way.


All in all it was a pleasant time and Easter Sunday we will have family time with just Ryan, Luther and myself.  Hoppy Easter everyone!


Lindsay and Ryan acting silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment