Thursday, August 23, 2012

10th Grade Orientation

On Wednesday, the 15th Ryan and I attended his orientation for 10th Grade.  It was a long afternoon, but exciting.  First, we met in the auditorium and broke into groups.  Our group took a tour of the school first.  Let me rephrase that, we took a partial tour of the school. CSHS is the largest high school in the state of Texas (building wise).  One part of the building is 4 stories tall and the other is 3.  Needless to say, we went up and down and up and down and up...  It was a stair master workout for me! Thursday, my calves were a little sore.

Next, our group went back to the auditorium to hear the principle speak.  He gave us the expectations and rules.  Ryan was a little bummed when he found out he can't wear his OU lanyard. Then our group went to pick up school ID's.  Once we got through that line we were taken to another room to get in SEVERAL lines to turn in all sorts of paperwork.

Once we finished all those lines, we were led to ANOTHER line to get Ryan's schedule.  Then MORE lines.... Pre-paid for lunches, got the most important CSHS window decal for my car and so on.  We still had one MONSTER line left after these... books!  It was the longest of them all and it didn't help that their computers went down and they had to do everything manually.  

It was very exciting. His new school is amazing!


Ryan and I are in this picture that was posted to CSHS' Facebook site.  We are at the Food Services table. I am in a red shirt and Ryan is standing next to me in all white.

No comments:

Post a Comment