Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First day of 10th Grade

Monday was Ryan's first day of 10th grade and his first day in a new school. College Station opened a new High School this year. He impressed me because he said he wanted to be at school by 7:30.  He was up, ready and bright eyed and bushy tailed.  He even asked me when I would be ready so we could leave.  I told him not to worry, I would get him there on time.

We left and I was a little worried about traffic, but it turned out amazing!  I go the opposite way of last year and miss 2 school zones that were always packed.  There is barley any traffic at his school and it is so easy to get out and get onto Wellborn Road.  In fact, I have been getting to work so early that I have to kill time before I am allowed to clock in.

Ryan walks home from school and the walk is only 10-15 minutes tops, so that works out nice for him.  Last year he had to ride the bus or sit around waiting on Luther or I to get off of work.

He said he likes his classes and teachers, but he is a little worried about Spanish class.  I told him not to worry and that I could help him.  I took 2 years in High School and 2 years in college.  He asked me if I was sure I could help because "Mom, hasn't it been over 10 years since you took Spanish?"  I said it will come back to me and I remember quite a bit.  In fact, this morning I helped him learn a sentence in Spanish to say in class to get some extra credit. Yo tango pero negro- I have a black dog. Yay me!  I think he was impressed actually.

There was one hiccup with wrestling.  They told him he needed a physical by Friday or he was off the team and he and some other boys were not allowed to practice and had to sit out in the hallway during athletics.  We got that straightened out with his Coach and they are transferring his physical from Consol because they are good for 2 years.  We filled out the rest of his paperwork last night and he should be good to go today for practice.  

I can't wait to see him tonight to ask him about wrestling practice and how Spanish went!  I think it is going to be another great year for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment